Friday, January 8, 2010

Cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are at the high for the day right now at 30 degrees. Shockingly between my space heater and the radiant heat from the house the garage wasn't too bad at all. Had a very nice lift. My weights are starting to go back up and my right bicep, after only six days from the strain, is back to 80-85%. On lat pulls I could do 120 and the other day I had to stop at 80 and be very careful. I could also do cleans today (95) and that was out of the question on Monday with only the bar (45 lbs).

Going to get a big running day in tomorrow as it will be three weeks from Reno. Reno is the National Pole Vault Summit - http://www.ucsspirit.com/about/pole-vault.cfm where over 2,000 vaulters will compete on 15+ pits from 4' to 19'+. Five of the top six M55 guys in the world will be jumping and of course the goal is to get the American Record of 4.12m (13' 6 1/4"). Since last week I had a close jump at 13' 7" and I have new Essx poles on the way, I'm hoping it will happen there. Of course so are the others guys jumping. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment