Friday, February 12, 2010

More Waiting - Late Update at Bottom

Well, the temps are going to peak at 41 degrees so I'm out for jumping today - I think. Tomorrow will be near 60 and that just seems like the smarter thing to do. I'll let Don make the final decision.

Had a great session with Dr. Clouthier again this morning. What's great about it? He didn't even treat my arm but focused more on some issues he saw with my legs. The guy is amazing in that he uses so many disciplines as tools to verify and cross check my status and progress. Next week we will discuss his mental preparation techniques that he uses for athletes. Can't wait.

Have a fun day! Bubba

UPDATE
Don reminded me that tomorrow all of the small poles would be gone to the kid's meet so we jumped today in the cold - 38 degrees. I used a very small pole that I could jog in on from 23' (7m) and easily made 10' (3.05m) with no hint of pain and stopped - four bar jumps total. Did my bars also with no pain though I was very cautious hanging with my body weight. Running felt pretty good with the right hamstring about 30% better. Even though I don't feel it when I vault it's there when I run. At least it's getting better too. I'm starting to think I may have a shot at jumping somewhat normally in Canada. Reno was two weeks ago and Kamloops is three weeks from today. Feeling decent about that. Bubba

2 comments:

  1. Hey?
    Next time you see him ask him if he knows any similar docs up here in the Twin Cities. Northern suburbs preferred. Great to hear you've got a guy that can work wonders on those old bones of yours.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has already gotten a few calls from readers asking that same question. The basics are AK (Applied Kinesiology) but he uses other techniques as well such as accupuncture, pressure point release and cold laser.

    ReplyDelete