Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Decent Vault Day - Love Me!

Today I decided to start on one pole bigger from my two step run - 15.9 rather than 16.3.  The pole was perfect for two jumps and then I moved on to six steps.  From that point forward all of my poles were just a touch too small.  Nothing worse than "finessing" because you don't want to blow through the pole.  Well it would be worse to move up a pole and struggle on the run and get hurt.  I felt I could have used the bigger poles but it wasn't worth the risk after two really hard lift days. 

I got 11 jumps in which is awesome and was pretty good on my technique.  Unfortunately my jump requires me to have lots of pressure on my hands so when a pole is too little I lose some control.  The good news is that I will be back on my 14' 1" (4.30m) poles on Saturday and by the feel of today, they will be too small also.  THAT is good news.

Looking for a guitar lesson online I found a great artist/teacher, Kris Dahl.  Here is one of his songs, which follows with how to play it - "Love Me".  May not be your cup of tea but power rock is what gets me through the toughest days of training.  Enjoy and thanks for being here.  Bubba
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2d0LevWxjs

No comments:

Post a Comment