Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Keys to Success!!

OK, I'm back home and trying to post here.  For some reason I cannot post from the browser I always use so I'm trying a different way.  Don't know and don't care why - here I am.
I've decided that for me to reach my goals I have to become a runner again.  Run the crap that's hard and hurts but start easy and build it up.  The goal is three good running days until I can get to four.  I got the second of the week in today after watching the kids jump.  I'm very excited about everything in my training now as I have gained some real clarity and direction.  I'm bumping up some lifting reps and adding in the running and drills as well as big pole plants.

Denver was great but a ton of work.  Tomorrow I'm in LA because I wasn't there today.  I will lift legs before I go so I will feel good about that.  I have a lot of stuff going on but at least now I should be able to control my schedule. 

NEWS OF THE DAY!!!  I got my keys to the high school gates and storage sheds so I can run and vault anytime I want to.  Yahooooooooooooo!!!!  YES!!!

Had a fun day watching the kids and hanging out with their coach, Steven.  He has the school record at 15' 1" (4.60m) and vaulted 5m (16' 4 3/4") in college.  He's a nice laid back guy with a good way with the kids.  He vaulted a little today and has a nice technical model for them to see.  I'm going to love it here and working with him and all of the coaches.  I feel like I just moved into a new home and got my own keys and couldn't be happier.  Have a great evening!  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment