Sunday, October 15, 2017

Bit of A Breakthrough

Bit of A Breakthrough

Today I jumped with my friend from Omaha, Chris Sidles and his brother Chad.  My objective was to try and cleanly get through the first pole from 3 lefts/6 steps/32' and get to 4/8/42' and try and get some shots at 11'/3.35m.

I started at 10'/3.05m instead of 9'6/2.90m, mainly because Chris did and I also felt it was the right height based on my clearance height in the last session.

Again I made 10' and 10'6/3.20m from the short run on my smallest 1360/18.0.  Didn't get in quite as deep as last time but it was close.  Moved back to to 4/8/42' and up to the 17.5.  Immediately the pole was too small so I moved up to the 1365/17.0 and made 11'/3.35m twice.  YAY!!  

I haven't made 11' in practice in a very long time.  I was hoping to at least have some decent jumps, but two clearances was a real boost.  My goal is to be able to jump that height from that run every day.  Knock on wood but I think I'm there.

Hopefully I can do it again next time and move back yet another stride and up a pole or two.  obviously the work needs to continue but this was very encouraging.  If this can become my new normal benchmark, I can build from it.  Have a great day and thanks for hanging in there with me.  Bubba


No comments:

Post a Comment