Thursday, November 11, 2010

Trash Day

Jeez my body felt like trash today for the first time in a real long time. I wasn't going to try and jump at all but it looked like rain was on the horizon and it is supposed to also rain Sunday. Not attempting to vault would leave me without jumping until the meet on the 20th.

Today (Thursdays) is my day to start at 10 steps but I felt so bad I went at 8 on my smallest 14' 1" (4.30m)/17.5. Made 12' (3.66m) on my first jump and 12' 6" (3.81m) on my 2nd and then the rain hit. So three jumps total but they felt like good technical jumps considering how bad I felt. As it turned out the rain only lasted five minutes so Don continued jumping and I got on to my running.

Next I got to the gym and did my first lifts and one set of my bars and walked out the door and went home. Sometimes you just have to call it a day rather than further trashing yourself. Best case I'll have decent weather early so I can get a few more jumps in Sunday.

In retrospect I'm really not surprised at how I felt today considering that I took 11 or 12 high level jumps Sunday AND pushed all of my weights up. I guess my point is that it's OK to walk away on a day like this. I may have 2-3 days like this a year. Not worth the risk or beat down.

Thanks for your support and have a great day! Bubba

PS - 25th vault day since I started back on 6/13.

No comments:

Post a Comment