Sunday, June 12, 2011

Alive & Reaching For Goals

A week from tomorrow is the National Senior Games (NSG).  Today was my last hard day in the gym and it went well.  Tomorrow and Thursday I have scaled down running days with hill/sled.  Tuesday I will do my last garage lift and of course I will stretch every day.  I'm ready.  In fact I will probably cancel my Thursday appointment with Dr. Rand after tomorrow's running if I feel as good as I felt Friday.

Going to be a busy week.  Thursday I'm going to the facility with Don as he wants to get a jump session in at the competition venue.  I think they have a few days designated as "practice" where you can try out the place.  I generally don't like to do that, especially that close to the meet.

Friday we're have a little meet/reunion at The Woodlands High School for the vaulters who get to town early.  We will come back to my house for BBQ and pole vault videos - of course.

Saturday my friend, Mike Soule gets in from Minnesota.  I'll grab him from the airport, go to lunch and then get us registered downtown. I know they want you to see all of the sponsor's stuff and their way to accomplish this is to make everyone check in downtown.  SUCKS but you have no choice.

Mike high jumps Sunday morning, so between Don's practice Thursday and Mike going over Sunday morning I'll have a pretty accurate assessment of the conditions around the time we jump.

Sunday afternoon my dad, my brother and his wife come over for Father's Day and after that I'll wind down and get ready for Monday morning.

I'll leave you today with thanks for your support and another great song by POD, "Alive (I think I can fly)".  Have a great evening.  Bubba
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2XWkCXt3Xw&feature=fvst

No comments:

Post a Comment