Thursday, October 31, 2013

Day ONE!!

Hit the track just before sunup for my running.  Being my first day of the 2014 season I didn't want anything to make me start running late and rushing.  We have a football game at our stadium tonight so I couldn't get to the sleds as the entrance to that shed was blocked off.  Nonetheless is was good running - 3X30; 2X40+1X40; 40,30,20.

The gym was a bit of a nice surprise lifting legs.  Though I didn't push the weights I have not lost all of the strength I though I might have with no leg lifting for six months.  All in all it was a good first day.

I may be unrealistic but my goal is to be back on my 14'7"/4.45m poles by Reno.  I know from experience it takes me about two months to change levels on strength and power and I'm starting at a pretty good place already.  IF I jump in San Diego on 12/7 it will probably be on my 13'7"/4.15m series.  By Belton, Texas (north of Austin) I should be on my 14'1"/4.30m and then on to my 14'7" three weeks later at Reno.  Fortunately my poles overlap so I can be on a big 13'7" that is weaker than my first 14'1" and otherwise. 

You have to start somewhere and for me that was today.  Onward and upward.  Thanks for being here!  Bubba

Van Halen - "Bottoms UP" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8fYlqqg-pQ

No comments:

Post a Comment