Monday, May 23, 2011

The Good Old Days Are NOW!!

Today's theme is "Retro".  I'm the last person to live in the past but about half of my music during training comes from then.  I can hear Deep Purple's "Burn" and remember that I got that cassette before the drive to SFA University for a meet where I got a stadium record of 16' 4" (4.98m).  When the first Van Halen album came out in 1978 I was on my way to Antonian High School in San Antonio where I set a stadfium record that still stands - 17' 6 1/2" (5.35m).  Almost any song from the past I can picture where I was, what I was doing, who I was with, etc.  That said I can't tell you what I went to the grocery store to get.

On Facebook I communicate with vaulters from all over the world.  I actually joined to learn more about the up and coming kids of all levels and I really enjoy that too.  I also enjoy learning about new music.  Just like I like learning about new training methods.  So today I'm bridging the music gap with Bowling for Soup's, "1985", about a girl stuck in that year of her past.  Have a great day!!  Bubba

PS - HEAVY short lift and nice stretch today!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K38xNqZvBJI

No comments:

Post a Comment