Sunday, July 3, 2011

Holding On

Another hot running day 10 X 50m hill/sleds.  My body aches and is sore but not rundown.  It feels more like a neccessary step to sharpen where I need to be in just 10 days.  It always amazes me how far away I feel from being in top shape at this point.  Almost as far away as I feel a week after a meet.  These big meets are really like catching lightening in a bottle as far as having your body and mind healthy and ready.  I feel like I will because I have no real pain or injury, but today I feel beat up like I do in the offseason.

So in the words of the 70's band, 38 Special, I will "Hold on Loosely" and hope for the best.  When I think back to stopping at the National Senior Games, I was alarmed that I was either hurt or about to be hurt.  I was not. I have two more running sessions left and I expect to survive those.  I'm cautiosly optimistic and hoping for the best.  Thanks for your support!  Bubba
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJtf7R_oVaw

No comments:

Post a Comment