Saturday, July 23, 2011

Photos From Worlds + Stuff

Photos From Worlds - Click to Enlarge - More Stuff Below
Getting moving before my first jump.
I told Bruce Caldwell I would wear my Essx hat.
This is the most nervous time, just before the first jump.
Getting ready for the first jump - on the clock.
I can feel the relief as I clear my opening height on my 1st attempt.

Last hard run this morning.  I did 8 X 50m hill/sleds; six with 10 lbs. and two with 15.  I'll run six on Wednesday and that's it. That will be 4 @10 and 2 @ 15.

As mentioned many times this type of preparation is like being on a balance beam.  You fall of one side and under train you can't progress.  You fall off the other side and you get hurt and miss 4-8 weeks.  It is definitely a "Tightrope" as described by Stevie Ray Vaughn - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNuXO60G33w

As a follow up to yesterday's announcement about the masters pole vaulter jam session, I saw this link about it on masterstrack.com.  COOL!!  http://masterstrack.com/2011/07/19419/

Have a great weekend and thanks for your support.  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment