Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I HATE the Cold!!

I know that is a relative term but tomorrow morning I have a 7 AM business call and then it's out to train before my six other business calls begin at 11. It will be 38 in the morning and MAN do I hate the cold!!

I've had this little outside hamstring strain on my right side since I've started back and it's the weirdest thing I have ever seen. I can't run more than about 50% without feeling like it's going to grab yet I don't feel it at all when I vault. So warm up and other running is very limited yet I don't feel it at all when I get on the runway or vault. I remember getting it the first day I did leg curls. Just a twinge and a sharp pain in a very small area but I thought nothing of it. It's been almost 10 days now so I guess it will get better. Like Don says, "bone heals in 8-10 weeks so if this doesn't then you're not leaving it alone. Mystifying - ONLY hurts when I run - not lift, not vault, not stretch?! Makes it get tough to get faster.

Tomorrow is on my vault schedule but because of the previous paragraph I'm not going to do it. I'm in no rush so I'll keep giving it a try every Saturday. After this week's weather, I'll change my training schedule to wait for the warmer time of the day. Who knew it? Last week I jumped at 8 AM and was sweating. Have a great evening! Bubba

1 comment:

  1. "It will be 38 in the morning and MAN do I hate the cold"!!
    I guess it's a good thing you're not training up here in Minnesota.When we finished jumping Sunday night it was 30 degrees and there was about a 1/4 of frost forming on top of the pit. I guess we're a little tougher up here in the north country.....he he. Keep workin' at it Bubba and as Ken always says, keep your eye on the prize. Later........Mike

    ReplyDelete