Saturday, October 18, 2014

Storm Before the Quiet?!

Introspection for me sometimes comes from silence and solitude, so let's start here - Supertramp - "Even in the Quietest Moments" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8P8-mhG1Mk

Then I realized that my training is just fine the way it's been.  It's one old thing and two "new" things that are causing me issues.  With this back jam, the space between a couple of vertebrae are fully functional but have less clearance than they did on the left side, so a couple of old standby stretches had to go. 

As far as new things, one stretch, meant to solve problem #1, has actually caused trauma to the inner leg muscle I keep straining, so it's now out. 

Finally, I used to get groin injuries from the quick twitch of the legs until I started using ankle weights and running for rhythm and not speed.  From that I suddenly got faster.  So no surprise I got a wake up call on my leg on Wednesday from no ankle weights. They will be back now for all running.

Update - the leg is minimal and the delt/shoulder ding is gone.  How's that for a fast recovery?  Have a great day and thanks for checking in!  Bubba

Great defiance song to get me through workout and life today - Metallica - "No Remorse" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPA2rEsIgSU

No comments:

Post a Comment