Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Restart!!

I made the strange and counterintuitive decision today to try and vault.  Why not?  I thought I restrained my left leg just a week ago today, and have no idea if my delt is healed enough to vault.  Might as well try to add a month to my rehab clock.

In actuality I was hearing the words of my orthopedic surgeon telling me that if my training injured me, but my vaulting didn't, then I needed to make a change.  If my vaulting inured me and my training didn't, then I need to  make a change.  So I figured I might as well see if I can vault.

The answer is kind of.  I took some easy take offs into a big headwind and then put a bar up at 9'6"/2.90m and made it by a mile.  Felt it a tiny bit in my leg and a tiny bit in my delt.  I stopped uninjured and now I will train for a month and vault next on Thanksgiving Day.  I

t's a lot easier to train when you know you can vault, then when you're hoping to get well enough to vault.  I'll take it.  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.  Bubba

Van Halen - "Right Now" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCcLNmOpN3A

No comments:

Post a Comment