Saturday, September 2, 2017

Changing Dynamics!

Changing Dynamics!
Image result for technical advances
Over the past few years I've dealt with timing issues on my vault as I have lost weight, 10 lbs/4.5 kg.  This last year I put on about 5 lbs/2.2 kg from heavier lifting and more protein.  Now, I find myself about 3 lbs. lighter (on purpose) yet my timing is better and I'm getting stronger.  In fact I'm about the same strength as I was when I was heavier, and that's always a challenge.

The biggest thing I noticed at the Grand Haven Beach Vault, was that the Pacer Carbons rolled easily, allowing me to grip higher, and they had a strong return.  My past series of Essx, frankly were design mistakes.  They were too quick and compressed rather than rolled.  I won't go into why but basically they were worthless which is why I left.  I'm very excited to see where I end up on the carbons, but right now my grip is up and the poles feel great.

So I seem to be thinking more like I'll be able to jump next Saturday at the Gill plant.  I've had real breakthroughs in the "catches" I have been feeling in my right hamstring, but tomorrow's running will give me a better perspective.  WHEN I can jump, my new poles should allow me to grip 12' 10"/3.92m.  If that's Saturday I'll be pumped.  Have a great day and thanks for being here!  Bubba

Van Halen - "Atomic Punk" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_qwtPLiy6o

No comments:

Post a Comment