Sunday, September 17, 2017

Lost Week!

Lost Week!

I wasn't happy with my nh in Illinois but it's not such a big deal.  Kris and I figured that the box collar was restricting the pole from rolling forward.  Four good vaulters nhd on that pit.  I felt great so I couldn't figure it out.

Long story short I could get on on the first new pole from 3 lefts/6 steps/32' run.  I turned up from 4/8/42' but came up much shorter in the pit than my senses told me I was.  I thought I would be easy going at 5/10/52' but was shocked to come down on every bungee, so I jumped in the meet from 6/12/62', a run I hadn't used since Reno.

The math is simple, one pole smaller in Grand Haven gripping 12'2 was too small from 4/8/42', but the next pole up was still making me come up short from 6/12/62' gripping 12'.  Box collar.

I typically don't train the Monday or Thursday after a meet but I lifted Monday, not Tuesday, and ran Wednesday as planned.  Wednesday night I had body aches and a low fever so I took off Thursday and Friday.  I resumed running today and felt very good.

I'm on week 6 of my 14 week running program.  My plan now is to jump every other Sunday.  In week 7  I'll go to 1.5 lb. ankle weights, and then on week 11 I'll go the normal 2.5 lbs.

I hate missing any part of training but sometime my body or my work schedule demands it.  Hey, it's better than weekly travel I used to do.  Thanks for hanging out and waiting for me.  Should be a better week.  Bubba

Drowning Pool - "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04F4xlWSFh0

No comments:

Post a Comment