Thursday, September 18, 2014

Almost There?!

Today is the first day that I have run where I felt like I could have gone a lot faster.  Ran faster AND felt like I could run faster - FINALLY!!  Of course I didn't, but it's nice to know I may be back to normal soon.

Because my ding is triggered by the eccentric contraction, I dropped the ankle weights for now.  And then I decided not to use the sled.  Why? 

I've run sleds forever and the benefits are great.  But I feel like until I can run all of my workouts naturally at full speed, that I'm not gaining anything from going to sleds. 

The bottom line is that I have all but lost the ability to run fast flat running for any distance.  My posture is uncomfortable unless I'm leaning forward and accelerating.  I need to get this run posture and body balance back at high speeds before adding sleds again.  That's my present operating theory anyway.  Have a great day and thanks for your support!  Bubba

Billy Idol - "Flesh or Fantasy" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw1oM7LBbxE  This came on when I was running today and the first thing I thought was, "It would be a fantasy to think my flesh (body) would finally cooperate with my goals".  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment