Saturday, November 1, 2014

Really?!

When I jumped 10 days ago I felt a weird little strain near my elbow on my right arm.  Felt like a really bad tennis elbow flare.  Later that day I was moving some stuff and apparently strained it further.  I couldn't even brush my teeth with my right hand.  Day one I couldn't reach my mouth, and day two I couldn't put enough pressure to brush.  On top of this, it has really been bothering me that my left deltoid I strained in Las Vegas was not completely gone after three weeks.  Long story short, I bailed on all training for 10 days to let everything settle down.

Tomorrow I start back with an eight week ramp up to jumping, where I will focus on conditioning my body while bringing it back around to full strength.  As you may  remember my body does not make testosterone so I am injured easily, especially when I haven't been lifting.  I'm down to 161 again because of this so I've gotta get back to hitting the gym hard and get back to 165 as my wake up weight.

To accomplish these goals, I want a long running start before I get to any vaulting at all.  At that point I should be able to take many more jumps at a low level in order to further condition myself.  The bottom line is I don't expect to jump at Reno.  If it happens then great, but I'm not expecting it. 

If I want to be ready for France I need to take the long view.  I had too many dings turn into injuries this year and I can't afford anymore lost time, so I'm opting for slow but sure.  Have a great day and thanks for your support!  Bubba

Van Halen - "Bottoms Up" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8fYlqqg-pQ

No comments:

Post a Comment