Thursday, February 5, 2015

Progress?!

Got to jump today and felt much better.  Not great but I set low goals and reached them.  My idea was to start on a small pole and get too much pole speed.  Then slowly build up until I was on the right pole and stop.  That's exactly what I did and it felt like progress.

Two years ago I jumped 13'1"/3.99m in February.  The reason was because I sent four months jumping from 2, 3 and 4 lefts or 4, 6 and 8 steps.  This year I'm doing this with my 12'4"/3.75m poles.  Actually I ordered three more today so I can jump from 2 to 5 lefts.  I think these are a bit forgiving. 

Considering I've already jumped 12' 1/2"/3.68m on my 2nd to biggest one, and now I will have two above that, I feel pretty good that this will be a great building block.

In comparison my next to largest 12'4" will be about the same size as my first 13'7/4.15m meet pole.  The big difference is more jumps and less chance of injury ... I hope.  Have a great evening!  Bubba

Metallica - "For Whom the Bell Tolls" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17HRV8k1YMw

No comments:

Post a Comment