Sunday, February 8, 2015

Reason for Optimism?!

I had a good hard four days of training as I prepare to hit the road again on business tomorrow.  Both jump days were much improved over last week.  Today I was able to take off on my biggest 3.75m pole from 5 lefts/10 steps.  I haven't been that far back in practice in quite awhile; at least a year.

On the troubling or confusing side, because of my lesser frequency of lifting I'm waking up around 159 lbs. whereas my vault weight used to be 165-67.  I'm not moving the poles from the same runs as I used to but unlike last year when I was light, I can still hold pretty high and jump high for me.  I have to be at least one stride back to hit the same pole but I think improved take off time will bring me back in.

I have three new 12'4"/3.75m poles coming in to round out my practice series.  The goal is to use the 4ms/13'1" on Thursday and the 3.75m on Sunday.  That said I may get to the point that the 3.75ms are useless before I move on to the 4ms full time.

A few weeks ago I started seeing a physician who specializes in athlete's internal and metabolic balance.  I now take 10 vitamin pills in the AM and 5 before bed, and once a week I do a 30-40 minute athletic based IV.  Strangely, or not so, all of my cramps and muscle issues have gone away.  I've never been a big believer in supplementation because they don't improve athletic performance.  But apparently I was out of whack which contributed to my injury issues. 

Long story short, it was shocking to me that I could take four jumps from 5 lefts today and not really worry about my legs.  That and the fact that I'm jumping two days a week have really helped me adjust to a little higher level jumping in practice.  Have a great Sunday and week ahead.  Thank you for being here!  Bubba

Ozzy Osborne - "No More Tears" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CprfjfN5PRs

No comments:

Post a Comment