Friday, February 7, 2014

Strength Test!!

Every now and then I do a random strength test.  Typically one of the components is the bench press. Why?  SO much of your ability to transfer energy to the pole comes from the lats and you can't have a strong back without a strong chest.  I test either before a big meet, a phase break, or a change in workout.  Tomorrow I will do bars and a couple of other lifts to see where I am.  I'm making some upgrades to my lifting and training, as well as about to start jumping again, so why not?

The results were 225 on the bench and 260 on my lat pull.  I feel like I'm in a pretty good place to begin my march to the summer.  I made a deal yesterday for six new 4m/13'1" poles that includes this blog being moved over to the Essx website, as well as some other promo things I will do for the company.  I'll keep you in the loop as it goes.

These poles will give me 6 X 13'1", 6 X 13'7" and 6 X 14'1", ALL of the new Essx Recoil Advanced.  These poles are super lightweight and thin with great return.  Right now if you buy two you get one for free which is how I got most of mine.  If you're interested let me know and I'll make a direct intro to the owner Bruce Caldwell.  Have a great day everyone and thanks for being here.  Bubba

POD - "Boom" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhJfdWxpI2Q&list=PL97D7E5FCC9351E17

No comments:

Post a Comment