Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Enigma of Hamstrings!!

There are a few ways/locations you can strain a hamstring, that each have their own cause, and that depending on the level of strain, require different amounts of time to heal.  My lower left strain behind the knee indicates a "turnover" issue.  Several people commented on how fast I looked on the runway at Reno.  I guess I need to reel this speed and turnover in a bit and stay more within myself. 

I haven't had this type of strain in a long time.  Typically mine is near the middle and to the outside, caused by lowering my hands and reaching the last step.  I've worked very hard not to do this.  The other is dead center in the belly of the muscle. 

In general you have more circulation in the belly of the muscle so it tends to heal faster.  That said, my lower left one this time had a huge blood ball behind it resulting in a massive bruise.  So now for the enigma.

I could run sleds yesterday at a low level without pain, and could even stretch on Friday.  But today, Sunday, I had to watch the weight on my leg extensions because it hurt to put that much direct pressure on my hamstring.  NOW, I was able to do light hamstring curls with no big issue, but the pressure of the seat against my hamstring made leg extensions tenuous at best.  Weird to me.  Have a great day and thanks for being here.  Bubba

Oingo Boingo - "Grey Matter" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39ggb-waZd8

No comments:

Post a Comment