Friday, June 6, 2014

Ready?

Last stretch and stride today.  I'm as ready as I'm going to get.  Though this will be a really low level effort just to assure my left shoulder muscle is OK, I still would like to do well. 

I plan to start on a 12'4"-160 from 2 lefts/4 steps/22' for maybe 9'6" and 10'.  To put that in perspective, my pole tip is halfway to the box before I run one of my four total steps.  BUT, if I'm not doing it right from there I'm not ready to move back anyway.

If the body holds up I hope to move to the 12'4"-165 for 10'6" and maybe 11' from 3L/6S/33'.  If that all goes as planned I'll try to go to the 12'4"-170 for 11'6" and with any luck 12'. 

All of this said I have no idea if I can jump on any of these poles at any of these heights from these runs.  If I can't move the first pole from 22' then I will have to move back to 33' and expect to jump 6" lower on that pole before moving on. 

So tomorrow is really a formal practice.  If it goes well and I'm not hurt then I'll move to my 13' series for the Masters PV Symposium/Meet.  After that to the 13'7"s (Grand Haven Beach Vault?) where I started in Belton, and then to the 14'1"s where my hammy dinged me in Reno.

It's not that it is such a long climb back up.  It's more that I want to get the maximum technical benefit from each level before moving on.  Have a great day and thank you for being here!  Bubba

Rare Earth - "Get Ready" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3Z8NU5ImK0

No comments:

Post a Comment