Friday, March 6, 2015

Rerouting!!

As you can imagine, as I travel I get to think about what I'm doing right and wrong with my training.  I look at what are real or perceived deficits and then plan for next year.  I remember when I was younger I used to share these plans with my mom.  Her response shocked me because it made so much sense. She said, "That sounds like a great idea.  Why don't you start that NOW?  Why wait for next year?"  This became the motto for me and my coach and dear friend Kris Allison.  So here we go again.

With five months until Worlds in France, I have plenty of time to benefit from these changes.  What changes you say? The reality is that most of what I'm changing is taking me back to what I used to do.  I've done lots of experimenting to address weaknesses and in the void were left mew weaknesses that used to be strengths.

My running has changed and my lifting has changed.  I'll give it a few more sessions before I jump. Last week I got four new 12'4"/3.75m poles to give me a 9 pole practice series.  I no longer have big gaps between poles, plus I have one I can jump on from 2 lefts/4 steps.  I feel certain that over time this will be a good set up.  With my weight this morning being 158.6, there are many adjustments needed.  Have a great day!  Bubba

Megadeth - "Mechanix" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAuYaeQjBXc

No comments:

Post a Comment