Thursday, September 16, 2010

Back @ 100%

Apparently the little left groin thing was a kink from no activity as I was able to easily vault this morning with no pain or physical limitations at all. I did my normal, and sounds very stupid, warm up of NONE. My orthopedic surgeon used to tell me that I need to determine if my event is injuring me or my training is. His advice was that when in doubt, only do your event. If that works then add your training back in.

I did 3 X 2 steps and 3 X 4 steps and then 2 X 6 steps just to check the body out. I felt the cobwebs a little but physically I was strong and relatively fast. On my smallest 4m (13' 1") pole, I started at 9' 6" (2.90m) jogging in from 6 steps (33'/10m) and made it by a mile so I skipped to 10' 6" (3.20m) and made it and 11' (3.35m) by a lot on first jumps. On my first jump at 11' 6" (3.51m) the pole was way too small. I did not want to move up poles and have to run harder on the first day so I stopped. I did my sled at 50%, then bars and hit them gym for my lifting.

Sunday I'll step it up to the normal poles I use from 6 steps. Today I used the one I start on from 4 steps so it was very small with little lift at 6. On the next Saturday I'll jump at the meet from 6 steps and see what I can do.

Of course I could jump on my 14' 1" (4.30m) poles at the meet but why invite trouble when I'm going on vacation to Maine five days later? I'd rather leave and return healthy. I'm wearing my Kamloops shirt which says DO NOT GET hurt, so this is the smart move for this time of year. Even though I can and have done more, DON'T for right now.

Thanks for being here with me. It really means a lot to hear from you and to know that you're feeling the good and bad with me. Have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment