Sunday, September 12, 2010

Skip a Rotation

The inside left groin is better but still too tender to torutre it today so I'll skip the next two day rotation and pick it up Thursday. Not a big deal but I need to keep it from becoming one. Feels more like a stabilizer than and true groin strain. Strains don't get 50% better in one day. Started feeling like Nancy was giving me my cold back last night so that was the final determining factor to assure the skip.

I was planning on jumping from 8 steps on my 14' 1" (4.30m) poles at my meet in two weeks, but to be safe I'll go from 6 steps on my 13' 1" (4m) poles. It should be fun and comfortable. After that I'll move up to the next level and run to get ready for the Texas Senior Games on 10/24. That is the qualifying meet for next year's National Senior Games to be held here in Houston next June. I just need to be in the top five so I should be safe.

Hope you have a great Sunday and thanks for hanging out with me. I made a decison that I would condition my body to train and compete at a higher level. It's a balancing act and I will have dings, but I'm getting much better and predicting, avoiding and managing them. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment