Thursday, September 30, 2010

Good Day Considering

I went out with Don this morning and felt pretty flat since I haven't done a single thing since Sunday's aborted jump session. I was in Tampa Monday/Tuesday and then my regular local/regional travel on Wednesday so wasn't even able to stretch. HATE that but sometimes it happens. Should be able to get some good quality work in while in Maine on vacation. GREAT 80m hill right in front of the house and the YMCA works well for lifting and bars.

I was super careful since I felt bad but still managed a few really good jumps on my smallest 14' 1" (4.30m) pole. Running from 44' (13m) I made 12' (3.66m) and 12' 6" (3.81m) cleanly on 2nd attempts and then moved up to the 17.2 and had one really good one at 13' (3.96m). Sounds exactly like the last practice but I felt worse physically yet technically had better control.

Today I lost the battle of wills and did not go to the gym because I have way too much to do at home before I can leave town for eight days. I did complete all of my running at the track though. I'll jump from 10 steps (5 strides) at the meet a week from Sunday and see how it feels.

Gotta run but thanks for being here with me and have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment