Monday, September 13, 2010

Somewhere Among the Theories is Truth

OK, so I didn't skip the full rotation as I went out and lifted and did sprint drills today. As fast as the groin issue creeped in, it has almost entirely left. This is typical when your body gets a shock it's not quite used to. I can remember working with several athletes who made physical or technical level changes that injured them until they learned how to operate with their new bodies.

Since my little hamstring ding I've spent four weeks in deep training of sled, changed my stretching for the better and got back to some massage. All of these things have loosened my body so that I can move more quickly and powerfully. Sometimes when that happens you have to take a little more time to ease up to the new intensity level allowed.

That said, I also have upped all of my bars and when you do some of the concentrated lower ab things, it can flare the area where I had my hernia surgeries. This feels very much like a groin strain. In all cases you back off and ramp back up being a little bit more comfortable.

With all of this said, I should be on schedule for full training on Thursday, so I'm very happy about that. Have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment