Saturday, November 20, 2010

Let the Cutting Begin + Today's Video

I won the Age Graded (AG) meet today with an AG mark of 17' 7" (5.37) and a real jump of 12' 6" (3.81m). AGAIN I went to my 14' 7" (4.45m) poles, and again I couldn't time them up at 13' (3.97m) after making 12' 6" easily on the 14' 1" pole.

This same thing happened when I first moved to 14' 1" (4.30m) poles so I cut them all off by 3-4" to make them slightly weaker but easier to roll the arc. I'll do this tomorrow so I can start and finish on these poles 14' 7" poles only at meets from now on. Since they are 15' 1" (4.60m) sailpiece/reinforcement piece, they are just a touch too quick for me. In 20+ jumps I have been able to go at the bar three times on the smallest one and that's unacceptable. So let the cutting begin.

You may remember that I have 9 X 14' 7" poles that I did not spend a cent on. Kris allowed me to trade in 2 for 1 of older poles so I could build this series. My point is that I have nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing this. Some of my very best poles in my career have been cut off. I'm really excited about this. Finally a solution!!

Have great evening and thanks for your support. Bubba

This is the 12' 6"/3.81m jump from 12 steps - pole too small from that run.

Don at 10'. He went on to make 11' (3.35m) for the first time in 18 months due to injuries. He's coming back strong!



This just in from Steve Warr - all videos from Steve - me at 12'/3.66m

No comments:

Post a Comment