Friday, January 3, 2014

Another Brick in the Wall!

As boring as it seems, today was another quality lift and stretch session.  I'm really trying to focus on the quality of each rep of every set that I do.  In fact I would have to say that I'm doing fewer exercises and stretches yet getting a better result just because of this.  It's not that I ever cut corners, it's just that I'm really trying to maintain focus as a mental discipline exercise.  I like it.

I was thinking today how much different my training is then when I started back after my Achilles surgeries in 2005.  Then I was obsessive about my plan and it's execution.  I'm just as devoted but I'm a hyper listener to my body and think nothing about changing the entire day if I have to.  Before it was almost a failure if I didn't complete everything as planned.  Today I may cut something short, make something longer, add an exercise or drop one simply based on intuition. 

At first I had a hard time with the idea that I was not "sticking with my plan", but now I feel I'm training much smarter and getting better results and, knock on wood, I'm I injured less.  I never would have thought that 10 years ago.  Whatever works baby!  Have a great day and thanks for being here!  Bubba

Pat Travers - "Boob Boom, Out Go the Lights" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEzz4QTvItA

No comments:

Post a Comment