Friday, January 31, 2014

School of Rock!!

Injuries are not only humbling, but like it or not, cause great introspection and anxiety.  As I finished my stretching today, the title song from Jack Black's movie, "School of Rock" came on.  In that movie, Jack Black "infects" his students with the rock and roll bug.  It reminded me that I'm never too old to learn and I will always want and need to be a kid.  I need to keep rocking in order to keep moving forward and to keep my spirit growing.  If you're not growing you're dying.

The lessons I've learned, and me fighting myself to follow my plan, proved correct today. Just two weeks after a major hamstring strain I was able to do full lifting and stretching.  Though very cautious, I was surprised to be able to do everything and feel good doing it.  How?  I did the hardest thing I have ever done in my life; NOTHING for two weeks. Normally I would be active on my leg in 24-48 hours and this time I left it alone to heal without the constant daily agitation.  The result is I feel much further along and optimistic.  Have a great day and thanks for your support!  Bubba

Jack Black - "School of Rock" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTkVxwVn6-E

No comments:

Post a Comment