Saturday, October 24, 2009

Coming Around

I started to feel a little more like an athlete today. This is Saturday and though I got my work done, I needed three days off in the process to make sure I didn't wreck my body as it gets used to this new workout. I'll try to vault short run on light poles tomorrow and get my speed endurance running in. I think tomorrow it's 1X200, 2X150 and 3X100 but I'll have to check Kris' sheet.

If I feel good tomorrow I'll try and lift legs after I jump. If I don't I have the option to do it the next day. Lifting legs the day I jump means typically that I will feel better the next jump day. If I lift legs the day after I jump I'm not as recovered when I go to jump again. The idea is to trash them all on one day (vault, run, lift) instead of over two days. But if I can't get a quality lift it makes no sense because then you're just going through the motions. My guess is that I won't be lifting legs the day I jump very often until my body adapts to the new program.

What's funny is that you feel SO horrible when you go to lift but 10 minutes into it I feel as good as I do any other day. And when I'm finished I feel pretty good the next day. But when I spread it out I feel flat for a few days. Weird.

My poles arrive at IAH today from Australia so I'm sure I'll get the call to go get them once they clear customs. Even though I'm not near ready to use poles that size it will be nice to have them home. Long process huh? Now you know my hesitation to jump right back in at Kamloops.

Have a great day and I'll report back tomorrow. Bubba

PS - I'm going to post all of my Quicktime movies from Australia on the website later today. The advantage is that they are bigger and you can hit pause and then go frame by frame with the scroll keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment