Thursday, October 22, 2009

Rain & Sore

It is still raining so I skipped this jump rotation and lifted legs instead. I think I'm a little better at the techniques because the weights are going up a little. I have to watch that though because it's not smart to move up the weight just for the sake of lifting more. I need to feel I have total control over the weight I'm using before moving on. That sucks because it makes my lifted totals so low. Oil well.

I still can't decide if I need to drop some things or is my body just getting used to doing them. I certainly feel the rebellion. My gut says there will be some type of a hybrid between what I was doing and what I actually end up doing for my program. Common sense says I don't need to change a lot except to run more so I can go from my longer run, but the problem is really deeper than that. I have gotten to the point that I can't open up and run fast without risking injury because my lifting was mostly machines due to a back irritation. Long story short, my body doesn't move naturally so I can't pour on the speed. I'm trying to counter that with more running and different style of lifting that makes me more dynamic. The lifting feels easy and the weights are light but it's kicking my butt. I'm thinking that's a good thing since I'm not on the verge of getting hurt.

This weeding out process will probably take more than a couple of weeks but I've got nothing really pressing to get ready for. Again, if you are impatient you have no confidence in your plan so take the time and plan well. The other obvious thing is that to get to the next level I must do some things differently. It's the journey not the destination.

There are other annoyances too like the order of exercises is all wrong because I'm constantly loading and unloading weight plates instead of progressing exercises in a way that the bar fills up as I go instead of all of this up and down. This alone adds frustration and time to my sessions. BTW, this is only on leg day as my upper day is very smooth.

We'll keep and eye on it and I'll report back as I go. Have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment