Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dinged

My soreness in my groin is officially a "ding" because there is no way I can sprint or jump. Normally this would bother me but not today. First, I did not have an "event" where I felt an injury. That's big because that usually means 1-3 weeks of a ramp back up to 100%. In fact I didn't notice it until the next day. Had there been an event, it would be 4-8 weeks.

Next, it shows a sign of weakness that I have scheduled to condition anyway so soreness in a weak area is expected. I'll go through my workout and do what I can tomorrow. I know it happened during bench step ups because that is the only motion I mimic that makes it flare.

Earlier this year I felt a little grab in my left adductor when I slammed my foot down to take off on a big pole. WELL, this will be a way of life this next year so I might as well address the area now. Bench step ups puts an Olympic bar and weights on your shoulders and you explosively step up on to a bench and jump up at the top of the step. PERFECT!!

I'll report back after tomorrow's attempt to get a full workout. Have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment