Sunday, October 18, 2009

Welcome

After my fortunate win at the World Masters Games in Sydney, Australia, my life as a masters pole vaulter doesn't end. This is a way of life and I have and will continue to have other goals. This will be my daily diary of training and thoughts.

SO, how long did I take off after returning from Sydney? I got home Thursday night and I have already vaulted, run and lifted legs on Sunday morning. Like golfing, those few good strokes or jumps keep us coming back for more. My clearance at 4m (13' 1 1/2") told me that I'm on track for much bigger jumps but I have to move my run back. I'm changing my lifting to become more dynamic and I'm doing all my running with the sled now from 100m to 50m. I'll vault from a longer run one day a week and really work technique on the other. This should result in raising the level I can vault.

The hardest thing to overcome but the easiest thing to do is to take a break after a big meet. Can't do it!! That's too much ground to lose and then gain back. So I'm comfortable that Kris and I have a good productive way to move forward.

Tentatively we're looking at the following meet schedule;
10/31 - Halloween Vault - The Woodlands High School
11/15 - 20th Waterloo Invitational - Austin
12/19 - Seasons Greeter Indoor - near Dallas
1/9 - 7th Texas Pole Vault Round Up & Corral Indoor - near Dallas
1/30 - USA Track & Field Pole Vault Summit - 2,000+ vaulters in Reno
3/5 - World masters Indoors - Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
3/27 - USA Track & Field Indoor Nationals - Boston

Welcome aboard. Bubba

3 comments:

  1. Keep pushing FORWARD Bubba! The past is history and history's a mystery. You CAN control your own destiny (ie: the future)! Big jumps to come!

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. Hence the clean slate of zero accomplishments. Thanks coach!! Bubba

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you always have something substantive to say, this new blog should be a great resource for masters vaulters!

    You've been through a lot in your athletic life, so your wisdom and experience can't help but aid others. It's always good to admit your mistakes and setbacks as well. We learn from it all.

    Welcome home, and congrats on your gold. Hope your mother-in-law is improving.

    ReplyDelete