Sunday, October 25, 2009

Surprises

As I begin to settle into the new routine I get surprises both good and bad. I guess the bad is that this is my first jump session and I didn't feel very good. I'm still not loose in the legs from the new lifting. I've done no real running yet to speak of, which could and should help - rain.

The good news was that I took only three jumps from 32' 6" and they were clearances at 11', 11' 6" and 12' (3.66m). I was on my 13/15.9 for the first two and the 15.5 for the last. These are my two smallest poles. I stopped because I just didn't feel good.

Next up was running so I pulled out my sheet from Kris and got another surprise - 3X200, 2X150 and 1X100 - bad. I thought it was 1X200, 2X150 and 3X100 which would have been much easier. The good news is that I ran them well considering I've not run further than 50m hard in the last three years. I was more shocked than surprised that I wasn't really that out of breath. My bars felt good considering I haven't done them since a week before I left for Australia.

I came home and as I was getting set to do my stretching, I decided I might as well try and lift legs. To my surprise that went well. Now I'm totally trashed but all of the components felt more comfortable and easily within the ranges I set.

So I guess the final good surprise is that there were not more bad ones. LOL!! Have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment