Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Reworking Stuff

Talking to Kris today we decided to move my leg lifting day to the day after I run and jump in order to get more out of it. During big meet season I need to feel more fresh on vault days in practice. I don't have that same urgency right now plus we think the change of exercises to all free weights won't drain my legs as much anyway.

We're also dropping the sled running for awhile as I've been doing it a few months and have a slight right Achilles flare. It goes away in a day or so but I want to keep it that way. So on my fresh day I'll run Jim Hiserman's speed development program and on the long rest day I'll run speed endurance like 200s, 150, 100s, etc. http://www.bubbapv.com/Pages/speed.htm I'll still use the sled for 50m hill runs on the last running session before meets.

Today is my off day as I travel the area on business. It rained today and is supposed to tomorrow also which means I'll miss that vault run rotation. I will lift the garage though. No big deal as I'm still recovering from the trip. It amazes me the physical and emotional toll such an ordeal causes. I just now feel like I'm catching up on good sleep and feeling alert all day.

Hope you all had a great day!! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment