Monday, April 14, 2014

Threshold!!

As masters athletes our life is a threshold.  Balance on that shelf without falling off.  And if you do fall over, get back on that balance beam ASAP.  Today I did 10 X stadium ramps after having to quit after four on Sunday.  Simple - I just went slower.  On #10 I could feel my leg thing sneaking up on me but I kept a very close eye on it and managed to hold it just below the threshold. 

SUCESS!!  NOW, the next time it will let me go a little further.  If I don't flare it again, it will "trust me" and let me go even further the next time.  And that's where I am - trust.  The first step was for me to trust myself to stay true to the threshold.  Baby steps bruthas and sistas, but I'm much further along then I was Sunday.  Have a great day!  Bubba

Chickenfoot - "Down the Drain - Live" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsPPxwPjFsg  Sammy Hagar with the amazing Joe Satriani on guitar, Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers) on drums and former Van Halen's Michael Anthony on bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment