Saturday, April 26, 2014

Sunburn!!

My late friend and orthopedic surgeon, Glenn Almquist used to tell me that when you first go out to do something new, the effect on your body is like sunburn.  If you go out again before the sunburn can heal, you get worse.  If you ease into it you can become accustomed pretty easily.  WELL, jumping works the same way.

I'm pretty beat up from my jumps the other day because I'm not used to jumping.  Since I need to get used to it I decided today I would give it a try on a low level.  I felt flat and sore but managed five clearances on my smallest pole, three at 11'/3.35m from 33'/10m run.

I would have like to have been able to jump on that pole from 2 lefts/4steps/22' but I just didn't have it in me today.  The bottom line is that I will not have the chance to jump again for two weeks, but can do plenty of lifting and running, so why not try and jump?

Superficially this was really a test to see if my body is in fact well.  If it's not then it would let me know.  Again I had no issues, even though I only had one day off between jump sessions.  The verdict is that I am in fact well.  Have a great day and thanks for being here.  Bubba

Alter Bridge - "Addicted to Pain" = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M9QxzpTjec

No comments:

Post a Comment