Friday, July 25, 2014

Beast Mode?!

Today I felt very strong and powerful.  Last year in an effort to jump higher when I foolishly got down to 160 lbs., from my normal jumping weight of 168-171, I lost all power.  I could not get on any decent size poles and my grip went down.  It was a failed experiment in a world championship year.  The fact I still got 2nd in Italy is surprising.

It's taken me about a year to get back to my normal  training/vaulting weight.  Oh I could gain the weight but it needed to be muscle mass.  Just a few days over a year ago I left for Italy.  Today I think I'm much better off and with one year left before worlds in Lyon, France, I will not forget that lesson.

Beast mode to me means that even when I start to look  big and muscular that I will keep going and not back down just to stay lean.  I am lean and getting stronger.  But if bigger comes and it's effective then fine.  In my early 40s I jumped 15'1" at 189.  At 44 I jumped 14'7 1/2" at 178.  In any case, there are no preconceived ideas where I should come out as long as it's not below 165.  Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!  Bubba

Megadeth - "Holy Wars" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d4ui9q7eDM  GREAT power through your workout song!!  My favorite line in the song is in the news everyday in the middle east, "Killing for religion is something I don't understand".  Amen! These people have been fighting each other for hundreds of years.  We're not changing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment