Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Rest & Anxiety!!

I've had a number of life and business issues going on around me over the past few months.  Everything has turned the corner in a positive way, but that doesn't mean I didn't sometimes lose some sleep about it.  Got a big business call this morning, and of course that kept me awake.  I've gotten better at managing this type of stress so I can sleep, but sometime I fail to shut it down.

For the most part these issues are opportunities and not crisis, yet you can't tell my mind that when I want it to shut off.  The funny thing is that now I've turned the corner, I still have some awake time.  I have to shout at myself, "HEY - YOU'VE ALREADY FIXED THAT!!  LEAVE IT ALONE!!"

I guess my point is that sleep does effect your recovery and energy.  Training is my edge against anxiety because my mind is always running.  Like when you put your hand under hot water and realize it, you pull your hand back and wait for a few seconds for the pain to kick in.  I've successfully pulled my hand back, but there will be no pain, yet I wait for it.  Thank God for training!  Bubba

Papa Roach/Black Eyed Peas - "Anxiety" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Wiqu33MMA

No comments:

Post a Comment