Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Moving Forward!!

Bigger poles?
 
I wasn't thrilled that I was too flat and tight to jump at our event this past Saturday, but I knew it was the right thing to do.  I had already paid in full my entire trip to the Grand Haven Beach Vault in Michigan, 10 days from today, so I couldn't risk getting hurt.

That said I was a little troubled by how my poles felt.  Then I remembered that I had only ever jumped on the first one of six. In retrospect I think I taped the grips too high and that's why they felt off.   So my plan was to go out today and try to go through all six poles and re-tape the proper grips.  Great plan and great day.  The good news besides the fact that gripping at the correct place made the poles perfect, is that the two biggest poles are bigger than my two smallest 13'7s/4.15ms.  Since I'm only taking my 13'7s to Grand Haven I needed something in that ballpark of stiffness.

Long story short, I JOGGED in from 3 lefts/6 steps for the first three poles and 4/8 for the next three.  Jumped 11'7"/3.53m easy but couldn't quite get in enough on the big one for 12'1/3.69m.  In any case I'm not hurt and I'm moving through poles nicely.  It was only two weeks ago I got through my 12'4" poles so I'll take it.
Have a great day and thanks for your support!  Bubba

Winery Dogs - "Time Machine" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qhxvnMDf2E  I saw them last week with Dean "The Machine" Gregory, Mike Soule and Bruce Caldwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment