Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Return to the Ramp Up!!

After a big meet my body needs a short break and then it's time to ramp up again.  I enjoy this time of training because the weights are moderate and the technique super clean.  I've just come off of a prolonged ramp to peak where at the end EVRYTHING was challenging.  So mentally this is a nice way to get going again, as my body and mind need a break from the high intensity.

My groin thing isn't much but I won't jump anyway for the first three weeks as I ramp back up to full run/bar/sleds/lifting, etc.  Once I'm back to the base/benchmark levels there I'll spend a day going through my 12'4"/3.75m poles, another day on my 13'1"/4m poles and then a practice or two on my 13'7"/4.15m poles.

I have six weeks until my next meet at Ft. Collins, Colorado where I will only take my 14'1"/4.30m poles.  Ft. Collins is odd in a good way.  The school doesn't want to move the PV or HJ pits outside so we get an "indoor mark".  Not only is it an indoor mark when you are at a higher level, but the mark also goes on to NEXT year's rankings, so on December 1, you pop up with a decent indoor mark already.  Pretty cool!

After that I have the San Diego Senior Games on September 21, so that gets me through most of my "offseason".  As mentioned I'm "early" for next year meaning I expect my bigger marks to start coming sometime between now and Reno in January and to build from there. That's it for now.  Have a great day and thanks for your support!  Bubba

A great "Rush" medley - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld0bFyyOrbc

No comments:

Post a Comment