Friday, August 11, 2017

Dead Man's Party!

Dead Man's Party!
Image result for dead man's party
Yeah - I feel like I've been shot at and missed and shit at and hit.  Very typical as I near the end of week one. My strength is coming back already, but getting past the initial soreness and stiffness is par for the course.  And this is after only one week off!!  All of this said, I am making progress.

I've decided to vault in the Masters Pole Vault Symposium on September 9, at the Gill plant in Champaign, Illinois.  I originally thought I would pass and train through, but ...

I was looking at my calendar and saw that I have four full weeks of training, followed by a "free week" for a phase break, befoe this event.  This is exactly what I do before a meet - 4-6 weeks of training, followed by the "off/active rest" week, and then a meet.

Over time we have adopted certain songs for our masters cause. Since we're all "old" and in most people's minds, "nearly dead", then Oingo Boingo's, Dead Man's Party is a great theme song for us.  Enjoy!

Oingo Boingo - Dead Man's Party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iypUpv9xelg

No comments:

Post a Comment