Saturday, August 26, 2017

Gaining Momentum!

Gaining Momentum!
Image result for gaining momentum
When I'm ramping back up after a big meet or a phase break, it's sometimes harder than others to get back into the groove.  For some reason I've really struggled recently with focus and motivation because of all of my work project stuff.  I trained of course but it was far less than fun.  Suddenly this week, my head kind of kicked in and I was excited to train.  After a couple of days I noticed that I'm improving again.

Improvement is always welcome, but working when you're not is the defining statement about where you're going.  I remember once when I was a kid that my dad told me that I was lazy.  I had no idea what he was talking about as I got up a t 4 AM and ran or lifted before school, trained with the team and then stayed late.

He pointed out that these were things I wanted to do.  He said when I could attack the things I didn't want to do with the same passion, I would find success and happiness.  He was right, and then it became easy to build on that momentum.

I've always said that an avalanche began as a single snowflake.  I've managed to get my self back to the snowball state but I'm looking for that avalanche.  Here's to a long hard winter. Fight through the stuff I dread or hate until I love it again.  I'm on my way because I heard my dad's words, reminding me that I am nobody until I can be happy with myself and my efforts.

Random memory, In 1997 just before I went on to the field for Indoor Masters Nationals in Boston in 1997, I played Republica's, "Ready to Go" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgffRW1fKDk 

That was my first national championship as a master.  Later that year I walked out onto the field for the World Masters Championships in South Africa, and played what song?  Find out tomorrow.  Thanks for checking in on me.  I so much appreciate your support and friendship!  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment