Thursday, August 10, 2017

Success is Not Glamorous!!

Success is Not Glamorous!!
I run a very busy healthcare management business.  Like you, I'm buried with calls and emails, and even though I'm in California I start on Eastern time.

What I've learned is that by 9 AM I'm either having a good day or a bad day, and either way I don't feel like working out.  Because of this I get up at 5:30 AM to make a run at calls and emails so I'm out of the door to training between 6:45 and 7.  When I'm done by 9, it's noon in the east so I can easily catch up again around lunch.

This is very much a love/hate relationship.  I'm not thrilled about getting up and getting going, but every day I make those extra steps when my will tells me no, is a small victory.  

Today I walked into the gym feeling preoccupied, and as I started my body felt like crap.  I knew every weight was going to feel heavy and I was going to have to somehow remain totally engaged.

WHAM, Van Halen's, "Atomic Punk" comes on my mp3 and immediately my attitude says "Attack".  Long story short, a potential lost day turned into a great day as I really committed to the process without judgement, and gained some more mental strength.  

Yes, success is not glamorous.  In fact, this morning it felt down right ugly, but somehow managed to put lipstick on the pig.  Have a great day and thank you for following this stumble through preparation.

Get off your ass and MOVE is the message I got this morning from - Van Halen - Atomic Punk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m-DYM7JvMA

No comments:

Post a Comment