Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day Off

I switched my Wednesday running day to Tuesday because I hated running after being on the road all day and feeling full from a business lunch. I really don't like off days but this is the day to do it so there you have it.

No special thoughts other than starting to finalize plans for Worlds. I got my hotel back in August at Dean's suggestion but still need to look into flights and rental cars. I try to do something "vaulty" as Mike Soule calls it, on my day off. I found out in Albuquerque that our hotel was not on the master list and that could result as being good info as things close out from the local organizing committee.

There's a big USATF meet Friday night and they just added the masters vault as a feature on a fast board/rubber runway in the middle of the football field. I'd love to do it but I need to stick to my current plan.

I'm torn in a lot of ways because I used to ramp back up through a bunch of smaller poles when I get a ding, but this year I have just trained a couple of weeks longer and then come back at or above the level I left off. I think it's real important that I keep that mindset. Everything needs to be high level quality even if it take a bit longer to jump again. So far I think I'm doing good but who really knows until you get out and try. Fortunately that's still almost three weeks away. If that doesn't feel right I'll wait two more weeks and by that time I'm certain I will be ready.

That's it for tonight. Thanks for being here. Feel free to come to Sacramento and stay at my hotel! Could result in exciting fun! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment