Wednesday, March 9, 2011

National Senior Games Pole Vaulter Reunion

I know that many of you are planning to come to Houston for the National Senior Games. Some have inquired about finding poles to use. I will check and see if our local high school will allow their poles to be used and feel pretty sure it won't be an issue. My coach Kris Allison may also have some poles to rent. I'll check with him too.

If you're under 65 you vault on Monday, June 20, and if you're 65 or over you vault on Thursday, June 24. With that in mind, we will host an All Comers Masters PV Meet at The Woodlands High School on Friday afternoon, June 17, followed by a BBQ at my house 2 miles away. This way you can try out poles you may need for the NSG.

In addition, the very next day is the Quintana Beach Vault - http://www.quintanabeachvault.com/. We will make the 90 minute drive to watch the masters section of that meet on Saturday morning at 9. If you vault on Thursday you may want to enter and compete at the Quintana Beach Vault - HUGE tailwind and very fast runway.

I live 25 miles north of Houston in The Woodlands off of I-45. The meet in Humble is about a 25 minute drive to the southeast but long before you reach Houston. There are plenty of hotels of all classes along I-45 near our house and the high school, or along State 59 in Humble. If you're coming in for any of these events we can caravan over to the NSG on Monday morning.

Scroll down here for a shot of our facilities - http://www.bubbapv.com/Pages/TWHS.htm As you can see we have two pits and about 140' of runway. Plenty of shade on the main end. Here is our city website - http://www.thewoodlands.com/

Please let me know if you think you are coming. Thanks and see you soon. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment