Friday, March 11, 2011

Well, It's a Start!

I slept better last night between coughs and managed to lift the same way; between coughs. I feel better but sound worse. Or maybe I don't feel that much better after all. Doesn't help that The Woodlands has thousands of HUGE pines (hence Woodlands) and they are all emitting pine dust all over everything. Great for the breathing if you already have a cold.

I kept weights low and movements deliberate. I guess the best news is that I forgot I had a little hamstring issue to watch. I'm quite sure it's still there at some level but I never felt it today. That's an improvement because when I was setting up Nancy's lifting Monday I DID feel it when I bent over and picked up heavy weights.

This week Nancy started lifting with me. She walks daily but has never been much of a weights person. When we first met she tried it and made improvements very quick but I think we had her do too much too soon. This time we're going slow and easy and she's really enjoying it. I think it will be good for me at the gym because it will make me slow down a little between sets. I think sometimes I rush my rest so I'm not taking up the machine or so I can get to the next one. I hope she stays with it for both of us.

I'll have a running/drill day tomorrow and then gym lift Sunday then I'm on the road Monday through Wednesday. Thanks again for all of your support! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment