Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Feeling Better

Getting ready to go to the gym for a long stretch. My body feels pretty good and usually by Tuesday or Wednesday I get a hint of how I will feel Saturday. So far so good. No matter how I feel I must pole vault correctly or it's a moot point. I'm not someone who works out and also vaults. I'm a vaulter first, who trains hard when I can't jump.

Winter in Texas is not a good time to jump. It's March 1, and 37 this morning. It will be 80 this afternoon but the kids have the track at that point. So warm mornings are my opening to vault and there have been none since November. I can't wait to vault again in practice. We have a brand new pit that I haven't even been on yet.

This will be my first time to vault since Reno, five weeks ago. I have a feeling this has become my winter - jump in meets and practice all other days. Of course this bothers me but I'm hoping that all of the big pole plant and sprint drills have given me some edge even though I can't vault. I've done about five times more than I did before Reno so that I can simulate take offs. Hoping for the best. Take care and thanks for being here. Bubba

Poles will be in El Paso at 11:30 tonight and ABQ tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment